Cost & Management Accountancy (CMA) – Foundation
This is the entry-level course (First stage) especially suitable for school students and also those pursuing UG courses in their early years.
As the name suggests, it is ‘Foundation’ course. It sets the foundation for CMA course. So, even if you are from science background – you can join this course and everything is taught from basics!
Important Requirements Of this Course
EXTRA NOTES ON STUDENT FORMALITIES AT ICMAI:
For CMA – Foundation level
1. Apply online / Physically for Student Registration – https://eicmai.in/studentonlineregsystem/Home.aspx
2. Get Student Registration Number (SRO….) and inform Egytim Academy
3. Obtain the Student Material Books
4. Complete minimum 4 months of study
5. Before 1 – 2 months of eligible exam in June or December, Apply Online for Examination Admit Card.
6. Obtain Admit Card 2 – 3 weeks before the Exam and inform the Roll No. to Egytim Academy
7. Attend the Exam.
Join CMA Foundation, attend coaching classes at Egytim Academy parallelly along with your School. Immediately after 12th Exam write Foundation exam, clear it; and then, go for Intermediate and then, Final-level.
You will save additional 6 months to 1 year in your career and also get high marks in school exams due to CMA studies going on parallelly.
Join CMA Intermediate, attend coaching classes at Egytim Academy for 6 to 7 months and then, write Intermediate exam, clear it; and then, go for Final-level.
Note: Once you join CMA Intermediate in this ‘Direct Entry Route’ you need to register for Articleship training and also complete 9 months to become eligible for writing Intermediate exam.
The Foundation level consists of main 4 papers.
Economics & Mgmt
Accounting & Costing
Law & Ethics
Maths & Stats
|(A) Fundamentals of Economics - 50 marks||(A) Fundamentals of Financial Accounting - 80 marks||(A) Fundamentals of Commercial Laws - 70 marks||(A) Fundamentals of Business Mathematics - 40 marks|
|(B) Fundamentals of Management - 50 marks||(B) Fundamentals of Cost Accounting - 20 marks||(B) Fundamentals of Ethics - 30 marks||(B) Fundamentals of Business Statistics - 60 marks|
|MCQ Included||MCQ Included||MCQ Included||MCQ Included|
- Exams for CMA, are conducted yearly twice – June and December. Whichever month you are eligible, you can register for it and write that exam.
- In case you miss any attempt of the exam, you can register and attend the next upcoming exam i.e. June or December.
For any level,
a student is declared as pass, only if you satisfy two conditions i.e.
Condition-1. Score 40% and above in every paper.
Condition-2. Score 50% and above in aggregate.